James W. Morgan Jr.
President and Founder - Mitten Software, Inc.
- Founded company in 1988.
- Designed and developed a web-based expert system with
data-driven rules to regulate interstate animal imports that
eliminates expensive training and allows any time permitting
of all species.
- Developed methods to eliminate nightly data extracts and
substitute real-time access with minimal reprogramming for a
manufacturer of washers and stampings that saved thousands
of hours annually and improved data accuracy.
- Designed and directed an expert system development with
data-driven rules for flexible audits and investigative
work used by hundreds of leading financial organizations.
Systems run for years with almost no programming changes,
but continual legal, rule and regulation changes.
- Designed process to convert ISAM files to SQL
automatically saving man-months of effort.
- Designed and directed a web-based resource management and
scheduling system for school districts and churches.
- Designed and directed development of a order processing
and manufacturing tracking system for manufacture of trusses.
- Designed and managed the development of a custom EDI system
used by one of the top 20 pension funds to collect financial
information for over 600 member organizations.
- Designed and managed the development of a commisssion tracking
system for manufacturer reps.
- Implemented project management disciplines for a US Postal
Service data center managing world's largest non-military payroll
- Assisted IRS in development of a program to audit non-profit
- Manage computer operations for a $15 million manufacture
of custom wire products, a vineyard, a custom sign face
- Managed development of lot tracking and quality control
data collection and analysis system for a $12 million manufacturer
of electronic components.
- Managed completion of an annuity payout system and an insurance
quotation and training system.
- Developed and implemented customer management, incident
management and performance reporting system for a software publisher.
- Developed Professional Resource Manager - an integrated
time management, project management and personal organizer.
- Publisher and design consultant for various programming
- Author of Overlay Manager - Memory Management Tool.
- President for Central Minnesota Clarion User Group.
- Founding director for Clarion Developer Certification
Manager - Price Waterhouse Coopers - Management Consulting Services
- Managed various consulting projects applying computer technology
to solve business problems and improve operations.
- Performed various operational reviews for various manufacturers
- Managed business system planning and selection projects
for eight different manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
- Led various operations improvement projects.
- Managed the implementation of MRP systems for a repetitive
manufacturer of consumer goods and a manufacturer of capital
- Managed the implementation of improved inventory controls
for a manufacturer of toys.
- Supervised the development and implementation of a PC-based
inventory control and shortage reporting systems.
- Developed an operational financial modeling system for a
major start-up discount retailer.
- Implemented an accounts payable package for a major utility.
Business Analyst - Modern Merchandising (Best Products)
- Developed and implemented various internal control and top
management reporting systems.
System Engineer - Electronic Data Systems (EDS)
- Designed, coded and tested subsystems in a complete work-in-process
Education and Professional Certificates
- University of Minnesota - Carlson School of Management
- MBA - General Management in December, 1987.
- BSB - Finance and Marketing in June, 1980.
- Certified in Data Processing (CDP).
- Certified in Production and Inventory Control (CPIM).